The London General Practice offers comprehensive cardiovascular screening, both for your own peace of mind and to spot any early signs of heart disease. Our expert doctors will discuss with you lifestyle advice, screening options, preventative therapies and the course of investigations and treatment when necessary for specific conditions to ensure you the best quality of life.
Tests are performed in modern facilities either within The London General Practice or associated hospitals and clinics by friendly professional staff. If heart disease or other problems are identified, we have access to London’s finest cardiologists and can provide a rapid referral so that you can obtain a treatment and follow up plan.
What happens when you book your Cardiovascular Screen at The London General Practice?
Your cardiovascular screen will be tailored to your personal health background so we make sure that any concerns you may have are answered, whilst at the same time ensuring that your screen is bespoke to your needs and requirements.
The session includes:
30 minutes with one of our experienced Practice Nurses who will carry out a series of base-line checks on your health including taking bloods to test for:
- Height and weight
- Haemoglobin (anaemia)
- Blood pressure
- Blood sugar levels (diabetes)
- Kidneys and liver function
This is then followed by a 60-minute consultation with a doctor to discuss your personal health history, and family or genetic pre-dispositions and any other health concerns, plus an examination.
Depending on the outcome of this consultation, and potentially your blood or genetic tests, the diagnostic scanning and examination options include:
- Exercise stress ECG to determine your risk of coronary artery
- ECG (electrocardiogram) to determine your risk of coronary artery disease
- Blood pressure assessment
- Further blood tests
- Echocardiogram to assess the heart structure, valves and function
- CT coronary angiogram
- Chest X-rays
- EBCT Coronary Calcium Score which provides a 3D visualisation of your coronary arteries.
- Ultrasonic abdominal aortic aneurysm scans
- Carotid artery Doppler ultrasound
And the Doctor will discuss the benefits of each with you. Once complete you will receive from the Doctor a complete report on your health.