CAA aviation medicals
EASA CLASS 1 RENEWAL
EASA Class 2 initial & renewal
Cabin Crew Medical
For your CAA Aviation Medical you will need to bring:
- Photographic ID (Passport or DVLA photocard driving licence) is required for ALL medicals.
- Pilots licence and a record of the number of hours flown.
- A list of any medication.
- Spectacles and contact lenses if worn.
- Any documentation regarding ongoing medical conditions.
If possible please fill out the following form prior to your visit, Med 160
If this is your first medical please take the following form to an optician for an eye test, Med 162 and bring it along with you.
The charge for a medical is £220.00 plus the cost of tests.
Extra (chargeable tests) for non cabin crew medicals depending on medical Class and Timing:
LIPID Screen: £50
NB: If a certificate holder becomes aware of a decrease in their medical fitness due to injury or illness. which may render them unable to exercise the privileges of their license, or becomes aware that they are pregnant, they must inform their Aeromedical Examiner (AME).
To be re-certified you need to book in for ‘Casework’ with your AME. This is a separate charge at a half hourly rate.
You can download the quick guide of recent EASA changes here.