CAA aviation medicals
UK CAA CLASS 1 RENEWAL / REVALIDATION
UK CAA CLASS 2 INITIAL / RENEWAL / REVALIDATION
Cabin Crew Medical (UK ONLY)
For your CAA Aviation Medical you will need to bring:
- Photographic ID (Passport or DVLA photocard driving licence) is required for ALL medicals.
- Pilots licence (if you have one) and a record of the number of hours flown.
- A list of any medication.
- Spectacles and contact lenses if worn.
- Any documentation regarding ongoing medical conditions.
- If this is your first medical please take the following form to an optician for an eye test: Med162
- PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST SET UP YOUR CAA ACCOUNT AND COMPLETE THE ONLINE MEDICAL APPLICATION FORM PRIOR TO ATTENDING FOR YOUR MEDICAL.
- CLICK HERE FOR CAA ACCOUNT REGISTRATION. VALIDATING YOUR ACCOUNT CAN TAKE 2-3 WEEKS AFTER WHICH YOU THEN COMPLETE THE MEDICAL APPLICATION FORM.
The charge for a medical is £230.00 plus the cost of tests.
Extra (chargeable tests) for non cabin crew medicals depending on medical Class and Timing:
LIPID Screen: £50
NB: If a certificate holder becomes aware of a decrease in their medical fitness due to injury or illness. Which may render them unable to exercise the privileges of their license, or becomes aware that they are pregnant, they must inform their Aeromedical Examiner (AME).
To be re-certified you need to book in for ‘Casework’ with your AME. This is a separate charge at a half hourly rate.
Please visit the following link regarding recent changes to the CAA medical record system as you will need to create your own login to the CAA portal: here.
“…I must say I am so impressed with the service, facilities and the people you have at your practice I will certainly be recommending you to some of my aviation colleagues“