Weight Loss Wegovy (Semaglutide)
Wegovy is a weekly Semaglutide injection. It is clinically proven to be effective for weight loss. It does this by suppressing the appetite.
Wegovy is only available with a Doctors prescription, our Doctors can prescribe Wegovy for weight loss.
Wegovy is a weekly injection containing the active ingredient semaglutide. When used alongside a reduced calorie diet and increased physical activity it can be an effective treatment to manage sustained weight loss. Wegovy like Ozempic is a semaglutide, however Wegovy has been licenced for weight loss.
That is because Wegovy:
- Suppresses your appetite so you eat less
- Increases the time it takes for food to move through your gut and makes you feel fuller for longer
You can only get Wegovy with a prescription and it should be used alongside a healthy diet and regular exercise.
In your appointment your Doctor will assess your suitability for Wegovy and explain the benefits and potential risks associated with it. They will also explain how to administer the weekly injection.
Important Safety Information
Do not share your Wegovy pen with other people, even if the needle has been changed. You may give other people a serious infection, or get a serious infection from them.
- Have or have had problems with your pancreas, kidneys, thyroid or if you have a history of eating disorders.
- Have a history of diabetic retinopathy.
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding or plan to become pregnant or breastfeed. It is not known if Wegovy will harm your unborn baby or passes into your breast milk. You should stop using Wegovy 2 months before you plan to become pregnant.
Tell your health care provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, herbal supplements, and other medicines to treat diabetes, including insulin or sulfonylureas.
Do not use Wegovy if:
- You or any of your family have Medullary Thyroid Cancer MTC or if you have Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Type 2. MEN2
- You are allergic to semaglutide or any of the ingredients in Wegovy.
What are the possible side effects of Wegovy Weight Loss Injections?
The most common side effects of Wegovy may include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach (abdominal) pain, and constipation. They tend to settle within a couple of weeks and most people tolerate it well.
Wegovy may cause serious side effects, including:
- Inflammation of your pancreas (pancreatitis). Stop using Wegovy and call your health care provider right away if you have severe pain in your stomach area (abdomen) that will not go away, with or without vomiting. You may feel the pain from your abdomen to your back.
- Changes in vision in people with diabetes. Tell your health care provider if you have changes in vision during treatment with Wegovy
- Low blood sugar in people with diabetes (hypoglycaemia). Your risk for getting low blood sugar may be higher if you use Wegovy with another medicine that can cause low blood sugar, such as a sulfonylurea or insulin. Signs and symptoms of low blood sugar may include: dizziness or Iightheadedness, blurred vision, anxiety, irritability or mood changes, sweating, slurred speech, hunger, confusion or drowsiness, shakiness, weakness, headache, fast heartbeat, and feeling jittery.
- Kidney problems. In people who have kidney problems, diarrhoea, nausea, and vomiting may cause a loss of fluids (dehydration), which may cause kidney problems to get worse. It is important for you to drink fluids to help reduce your chance of dehydration.
- Serious allergic reactions. Stop using Wegovy and get medical help right away if you have any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat; problems breathing or swallowing; severe rash or itching; fainting or feeling dizzy; or very rapid heartbeat.
- Gallbladder problems. Gallbladder problems have happened in some people who take Wegovy. Tell your healthcare provider right away if you get symptoms which may include: pain in your upper stomach (abdomen), fever, yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice), or clay-coloured stools.
Why choose the
- First class medical care
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Same day appointments
- Emergency services provided in-house
- No pre-registration required
- Prompt access to tests and diagnostic imaging
- Unrivalled relationship with leading specialists
- Continuity of care
- Patient-centred, solution-focused approach