- Foreign doctors 'need tougher tests' 18 Apr 2014Tests taken by foreign doctors who want to work in the NHS should be made harder to pass to bring them in line with UK standards, a study says.
- NHS data-sharing scheme 'mishandled' 18 Apr 2014The chair of the panel set up to advise ministers on the governance of NHS data tells the BBC the Care.data programme was "mishandled".
- Sacked doctor was unfairly dismissed 18 Apr 2014A sacked heart specialist was unfairly dismissed after raising concerns about patient safety, an employment tribunal rules.
- Bullied children still suffer at 50 18 Apr 2014Children can experience the negative effects of bullying on their physical and mental health more than 40 years later, says a study from King's College London.
- Pensioners could get death estimate 17 Apr 2014Retirees could be told how long they are likely to live after stopping work, says pensions minister Steve Webb.