- Cancer cell enzymes are 'good cops' 24 May 2013Enzymes released by cancerous cells have a protective function and are not one of the 'bad guys', say researchers from the University of East Anglia.
- Inquiry call over NHS 111 'debacle' 23 May 2013An independent inquiry is needed into the NHS non-emergency 111 phone line "debacle" in England, GPs say.
- GPs 'will not shore up unsafe NHS' 23 May 2013Family doctors are not prepared to shore up an emergency health care system left unsafe by "political meddling", a GP leader has warned.
- WHO urges sharing over coronavirus 24 May 2013The WHO urges countries with possible cases of novel coronavirus to share information amid concern over patent rights held by commercial labs.
- Universal flu jab 'edges closer' 23 May 2013A way of creating more effective vaccines which could protect against a broad range of flu viruses has been reported by US researchers.