- Nelson Mandela: Aids campaigner 06 Dec 2013Though at first muted in his approach to HIV/Aids, Nelson Mandela became a dedicated advocate for a more vigorous approach to the disease.
- Key NHS operations 'being rationed' 06 Dec 2013The NHS in England appears to be rationing access to vital non-emergency hospital care, such as knee and hip replacements, a review suggests.
- IVF success 'downhill from age 37' 06 Dec 2013The chances of a woman having a baby following IVF go "very rapidly downhill" from the age of 37, according to a study.
- Vitamin D's disease role queried 06 Dec 2013Scientists have cast doubt on the value of vitamin D supplements to protect against diseases like cancers and diabetes.
- Teenage birth rate down 8% in a year 05 Dec 2013Teenage births in England fell by 8% in a year, latest figures show.